Duties and Authorities
1/19/2021 5:44:36 PM
1. To submit to the President of the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences annual and five-year strategies and plans for the development of the Vietnam Institute of Economics; and to implement the approved plans and strategies.
2. To study theoretical and practical issues of Vietnam's economy in the process of industrialization and development under the impact of globalization and economic integration.
3. To combine research with training economic specialists; to participate in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate training; to develop qualified human resources as requested by the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences and other organizations at home and abroad.
4. To provide comments and counter-arguments of important socio-economic development programs and projects at the request of ministries, industries, and local authorities as assigned by the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences.
5. To provide consultancy services on socio-economic issues in conformity with the functions and duties of the Institute.
6. International cooperation in research and training in accordance with current regulations.
7. To have the authority to sign contracts for research and development with domestic and foreign research organizations, agencies, and scholars in accordance with the law and the regulations of the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences.
8. To exchange information with domestic and foreign agencies according to regulations; to manage documents and the library of the Institute; to publish and popularize research reports and results as well as to disseminate scientific knowledge.
9. To manage over the organization, apparatus, staff, assets, and budgets of the Institute in accordance with the regulations of the State and the authority given by the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences.
10. To perform other duties as assigned by the President of the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences.