CONFERENCE "TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN VIETNAM"
9/7/2022 4:53:02 PM
On the morning of June 22, 2022, the Vietnam Institute of Economics held a seminar with the theme "Transport infrastructure for sustainable development in Vietnam". The seminar is within the framework of a ministerial-level project by Dr. Nguyen Dinh Hoa - Head of Economic Development Department - Vietnam Institute of Economics is the chair.
Attending the Conference, on the guest side, there were Dr. Ly Huy Tuan - Institute of Traffic and Transport Strategy; MSc. Nguyen Le Thy Thuong - Institute of Indian and Southwest Asian Studies. On the side of Vietnam Institute of Economics, there were Assoc.Prof.Dr. Bui Quang Tuan – Director; Dr. Pham Anh Tuan - Deputy Director, and all staff of the Institute. In addition, the conference also had the participation of scientists from a number of research institutions and other organizations.
(Overview of the Conference)
After the opening speech of Assoc.Prof.Dr. Bui Quang Tuan, the delegates listened to the presentation on "The current state of transport infrastructure for sustainable development in Vietnam" by Dr. Nguyen Dinh Hoa. The discussion focuses on assessing the current status of traffic systems for sustainable development in Vietnam and proposing solutions to develop transport infrastructure for sustainable development in the new context. Through analyzing the current situation of the traffic system in Vietnam in terms of economy, society and environment, the speaker said that the traffic system in Vietnam has not yet reached the level of sustainability and needs appropriate development solutions.
(Dr. Nguyen Dinh Hoa presented at the Workshop)
The research group of Dr. Dang Thu Thuy and MSc. Nguyen Le Thy Thuong gave a presentation on "Factors affecting Vietnam - India infrastructure connection". From the research results, the authors conclude that the infrastructure connection between the two countries Vietnam - India has just stopped at a rudimentary level with the biggest advantage being that the two countries have diplomatic relations. nice and consensus on strategy. However, besides that, there are many negative factors affecting the formation as well as progress and quality of the project, such as limited financial resources, lack of suitable financial tools, distortion of physical appearance, etc. policy regulations, infrastructure development level, COVID-19 epidemic, etc.
(Mr. Nguyen Le Thy Thuong presented at the Workshop)
After the presentations of the speakers, the workshop listened to the comments of the participants.
Dr. Ly Huy Tuan said that the topic needs to consider how many criteria should be used to evaluate the sustainable transport system because to evaluate sustainable development, many countries around the world use up to 5 criteria to evaluate including economic, social, environmental, management, financial. Besides, TS has suggestions on the analytical framework, the current situation of the traffic system and solutions to develop the traffic system for sustainable development.
(Dr. Ly Huy Tuan commented at the seminar)
According to Dr. Nguyen Binh Giang, the authors should have more comments on transport economy; contribution of the traffic system to the economy and society; the influence of traffic system on settlement, employment and urbanization; the relationship between traffic systems and the environment and should have a more multi-dimensional view of the level of traffic system development in Vietnam.
(Dr. Nguyen Binh Giang commented at the workshop)
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Bui Quang Tuan believes that the authors need to clarify the concept of economic sustainability and social sustainability as well as the construction of the traffic efficiency index for sustainable development without a health index, whether that will affect the index. summarizing and commenting on the current status of traffic systems.
According to Dr. To Anh Duong, the topic needs to clarify what the concept of sustainable development in Vietnam is, thereby clarifying the concept of sustainable transport development. Regarding solutions, it is advisable to give general solutions from the perspective of infrastructure development and specific solutions for the development of each type of transport to serve sustainable development.
(Dr. To Anh Duong commented at the workshop)
In addition to the above comments, some delegates also contributed on solutions and lessons learned from the current practice of connecting and developing traffic systems in Vietnam.
(Dr. Ly Dai Hung commented at the seminar)
(Dr. Ha Huy Ngoc commented at the workshop)
At the end of the seminar, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Bui Quang Tuan thanked the participants, contributed ideas to the project's management board to have a basis to edit and complete the project's reports.
The conference was a great success.
- SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE "SOLUTIONS SUPPORTING BUSINESSES SAVING ENERGY IN INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION" (9/7/2022 4:45:24 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSION "IMPACTS OF RUSSIA-UCRAINA CONFLICTS ON THE WORLD AND VIETNAM ECONOMY: SOME INITIAL ASSESSMENTS" (9/7/2022 4:21:14 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE "IMPACT OF THE ECONOMIC RELATIONS OF THE US - CHINA - RUSSIA ON THE WORLD ECONOMY AND VIETNAM'S ECONOMY" (9/5/2022 6:24:25 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC WORKSHOP “ROLE OF ENTERPRISES IN GREEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT” (March 23, 2022) (9/5/2022 6:12:43 PM)
- National scientific conference "Continuing innovating land policy in the spirit of the Resolution of the 13th Party Congress" (9/5/2022 5:58:10 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSION "CHINA'S STRATEGY ON AGRICULTURE, FARMERS, RURAL IN THE 14th Five-Year Period (2021 - 2025)" (9/5/2022 5:45:30 PM)
- Digital Economy and E-Commerce Forum: Digital Economy and E-Commerce bring new opportunities for businesses (9/5/2022 5:36:33 PM)
- Scientific conference "Solutions for financial and investment management to enhance the leading role of state-owned enterprises in economic development" (9/5/2022 5:32:11 PM)
- CALL FOR PAPERS THE 6TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON VIETNAMESE STUDIES (Hanoi, 15-16 July 2021) (3/13/2021 2:23:01 PM)