International Videoconference “Sharing Interlocal Adaptation Lessons: Climate Change Adaptations and Development in East and Southeast Asia”
11/22/2020 11:41:44 AM
The plenary session was co-moderated by Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Chien Thang, Director of Competitiveness Center, VIE, and Prof. Ito Tetsuji, Global and Local Environment Co-creation Institute (GLEC), Ibaraki University. Keynote speakers of the session included Prof. Pulhin Juan Magboo and Prof. Garcia Josephine Encisa from the Philippines, Prof. Bengen Dietriech from Indonesia, and Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Chien Thang from Vietnam. Comments and questions to the speakers focused on solutions to climate change, energy security policies and strategies, and current renewable energy development issues in the speakers’ countries of origin.
The afternoon session began with the live broadcast of the fieldwork involving the Masters’ program in Climate Change and Development students (MCCD) from Quang Nam province (Vietnam). The audience could observe by their own eyes the serious erosion of the province’s sea dykes, which is considered one among the severe impacts of climate change. The conference was then continued with three concurrent theme forums.
Session 1 of the conference titled “Sharing Experiences of Climate Change Adaptation” was moderated by Prof. Tamura Makoto from Ibaraki University with eight presentations from Japan, Thailand, China, the Philippines, and Indonesia. Session 2 of the conference titled “Green Finance towards Climate Change Adaptation” included five presentations from lecturers and experts from Vietnamese institutions and was chaired by Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Chien Thang. Dr. Vu Quoc Huy was VIE’s representative in Session 2 with the presentation of green credits for SMEs. Session 3 was designated for young scholars and co-moderated by Dr. Yuki Ishikawa (Ibaraki University) and Ms. Dong Bich Ngoc (VIE) with 17 presentations by young scholars, students, and alumni from the MCCD program of Vietnam Japan University, Ibaraki University, and University of Tsukuba.
Prof. Tamura Makoto led the discussion and made session summaries. After that, Prof. Ito delivered the closing remark, in which he regarded the videoconference a success and suggested future cooperation in scientific research between VIE and Ibaraki University.
- CONFERENCE "TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN VIETNAM" (9/7/2022 4:53:02 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE "SOLUTIONS SUPPORTING BUSINESSES SAVING ENERGY IN INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION" (9/7/2022 4:45:24 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSION "IMPACTS OF RUSSIA-UCRAINA CONFLICTS ON THE WORLD AND VIETNAM ECONOMY: SOME INITIAL ASSESSMENTS" (9/7/2022 4:21:14 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE "IMPACT OF THE ECONOMIC RELATIONS OF THE US - CHINA - RUSSIA ON THE WORLD ECONOMY AND VIETNAM'S ECONOMY" (9/5/2022 6:24:25 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC WORKSHOP “ROLE OF ENTERPRISES IN GREEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT” (March 23, 2022) (9/5/2022 6:12:43 PM)
- National scientific conference "Continuing innovating land policy in the spirit of the Resolution of the 13th Party Congress" (9/5/2022 5:58:10 PM)
- SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSION "CHINA'S STRATEGY ON AGRICULTURE, FARMERS, RURAL IN THE 14th Five-Year Period (2021 - 2025)" (9/5/2022 5:45:30 PM)
- Digital Economy and E-Commerce Forum: Digital Economy and E-Commerce bring new opportunities for businesses (9/5/2022 5:36:33 PM)
- Scientific conference "Solutions for financial and investment management to enhance the leading role of state-owned enterprises in economic development" (9/5/2022 5:32:11 PM)