International Videoconference “Sharing Interlocal Adaptation Lessons: Climate Change Adaptations and Development in East and Southeast Asia”
11/22/2020 11:41:44 AM
The plenary session was co-moderated by Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Chien Thang, Director of Competitiveness Center, VIE, and Prof. Ito Tetsuji, Global and Local Environment Co-creation Institute (GLEC), Ibaraki University. Keynote speakers of the session included Prof. Pulhin Juan Magboo and Prof. Garcia Josephine Encisa from the Philippines, Prof. Bengen Dietriech from Indonesia, and Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Chien Thang from Vietnam. Comments and questions to the speakers focused on solutions to climate change, energy security policies and strategies, and current renewable energy development issues in the speakers’ countries of origin.
The afternoon session began with the live broadcast of the fieldwork involving the Masters’ program in Climate Change and Development students (MCCD) from Quang Nam province (Vietnam). The audience could observe by their own eyes the serious erosion of the province’s sea dykes, which is considered one among the severe impacts of climate change. The conference was then continued with three concurrent theme forums.
Session 1 of the conference titled “Sharing Experiences of Climate Change Adaptation” was moderated by Prof. Tamura Makoto from Ibaraki University with eight presentations from Japan, Thailand, China, the Philippines, and Indonesia. Session 2 of the conference titled “Green Finance towards Climate Change Adaptation” included five presentations from lecturers and experts from Vietnamese institutions and was chaired by Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Chien Thang. Dr. Vu Quoc Huy was VIE’s representative in Session 2 with the presentation of green credits for SMEs. Session 3 was designated for young scholars and co-moderated by Dr. Yuki Ishikawa (Ibaraki University) and Ms. Dong Bich Ngoc (VIE) with 17 presentations by young scholars, students, and alumni from the MCCD program of Vietnam Japan University, Ibaraki University, and University of Tsukuba.
Prof. Tamura Makoto led the discussion and made session summaries. After that, Prof. Ito delivered the closing remark, in which he regarded the videoconference a success and suggested future cooperation in scientific research between VIE and Ibaraki University.
Các tin liên quan
- Workshop on “FDI attraction under Resolution 50-NQ/TW: Opportunities, challenges and policy orientations of Haiphong City” (12/3/2020 6:53:22 PM)
- Korea Global Forum for Peace 2020: KGFP Webinar on Future of Korean Peninsula Agriculture and Development Path of North Korea (11/21/2020 3:15:05 PM)
- Seminar on Technology Transfer to Vietnam through Chinese FDI (11/21/2020 3:13:57 PM)
- Seminar on Solutions to Promote Sustainable Development in Southwestern Vietnam in the New Development Context (11/21/2020 3:09:48 PM)
- Seminar on COVID-19’s Early Effects on the Vietnamese Economy and Policy Responses (11/21/2020 3:07:38 PM)
- Seminar on “Reforms of Economic Institutions under the Reigns of Emperor Ho Quy Ly and Emperor Le Thanh Tong: Lessons from History” (11/21/2020 2:57:38 PM)
Most viewed news :
- 60th Anniversary of Vietnam Institute of Economics: 2020 Performance Reviews and Missions for 2021
- Announcement Workshop: Assessment Report on Economic Impacts of COVID-19 and Economic Stimulus Packages by the Vietnamese Government in 2020
- Workshop on “FDI attraction under Resolution 50-NQ/TW: Opportunities, challenges and policy orientations of Haiphong City”
- International Videoconference “Sharing Interlocal Adaptation Lessons: Climate Change Adaptations and Development in East and Southeast Asia”